‘School of Health and Allied Sciences’ at present offers five undergraduate programs and six master-level programs. Pharmaceutical Sciences, Medical Laboratory Sciences, Public Health, Nursing, and Physiotherapy are the disciplines in which the school offers programs. The school is moving towards the fulfillment of its vision “production of skilled and qualified human resources in the field of medical and paramedical sciences”
The University has fully understood that it has to partake and contribute in raising the living standard and improving the quality of life of the people to bring about the permanent peace, prosperity, and wellbeing in the country by contributing to create gainful employment opportunities, raising production and productivity, removing the drudgery on work with the promotion and use of indigenous, local and appropriate technologies by promoting and using sustainable energy and by changing the social psychology of the people towards sustainable development goals and social justice.
The mission of Pokhara University is to develop as a Centre of Excellence for Higher Education by excelling teaching and learning; research and publication; and outreach activities; contributing to the national development process by producing job market-oriented, responsible, productive, service-oriented and committed human resources; and linking the university system with the community services.
Goal and Objectives
- Unveil the strength of learners through the extension of programs
- Develop highly equipped labs to enhance education and experiment
- Prepare creative and research-oriented scientists in the field of basic, as well as applied sciences, Produce well qualified and skilled graduates to fulfill the national and international demand
- Sound and peaceful learning environment
- Extensive and unlimited use of technology in the teaching learning process with high-speed internet
- Updated variety of teaching-learning methods:
- In-course seminars
- Fully equipped laboratories
- Community exposure
- National and international conferences and symposium
- High academic records and glorious public record
- Professional, highly dedicated research and result oriented faculty with strong background carrying extensive technical experience and high academic achievements
- Extensive feasible programs designed and developed under the national strategy and priority of the government of Nepal.